Monday 26 September 2011

Old soul

I sometimes feel that I should have been born in another era.
I'm sure many of my fellow vintage-lovers feel this way on a fairly regular basis. However, it's never quite so simple as it seems at first thought.

(I love the glamour of these pool-side beauties, don't you?)

Had I been my born in the same era as my Nan, and been a young woman 60 years ago, I probably wouldn't be working in my field. I really, truly love my job. I'm passionate about what I do, but sometimes I long for another life, another time.

I find it hard to express my feelings, even to myself sometimes, and seem to alternate and swing between nostalgia and romanticism, and the reality of my every day job.

So what's a girl to do? I keep working, but bring vintage charm into my life in every way possible!
How do you negotiate your reality vs your ideal world?

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogosphere hun! I think alot of ladies feel the same as you do, me being one of them! X

    ReplyDelete